Today, we’re rounding up the top 5 New York Fashion Week eyewear trends from 2017 that we can’t wait to get our hands on!
- EMBELLISHMENTS. We’re seeing this trend on every runway from Fendi to Gucci to Dolce & Gabbana. They are taking the wow-factor for sunglasses to a whole new level with added pearls, stones, and crazy pineapples!
2. TRANSLUCENT LENSES. This is probably our favorite that we are seeing from the New York Fashion Week eyewear trends! Translucent lenses really give all of these sunglasses such a high fashion look, especially with the frame being oversized. Marni and Versace are killing these looks right now!
3. OVERSIZED. Will oversized sunglasses ever go out of style? We hope not. And the best part is, they just keep getting bigger! Dolce & Gabbana and Miu Miu are even introducing some fun new shapes this season to their collections that we haven’t seen before! Also, notice the use of translucent lenses and embellishments here as well.
4. TRANSLUCENT ACETATE. Designers like Celine and Roberto Cavalli are taking the translucent trend and applying it to their acetate as well. (Acetate is the material that the frame is made from, in case you didn’t know). Translucent frames + lenses… yes please! Bring on the 70’s vibes baby!
5. THE BUTTERFLY SHAPE. How fun is this new shape that designers like Marco de Vincenzo and Thom Browne are using for their eyewear?! We are loving how feminine it is and of course oversized. We’re just going to go ahead and predict this to be the shape of the year.
The best part about all of these eyewear trends is that multiple trends are combined into one pair of sunglasses, that way you get to rock them all!
Which of these new trends are you guys looking forward to wearing? Leave us a comment below!